Skip to content

Former bankruptcy

Question about prior bankruptcy?

I had a bankruptcy discharged in 1999. There was a debt I didn't know I had when the bankruptcy was filed. It was never listed on the bankruptcy and was never discharged. It shows as a judgement at the county court house on my credit report but never went to court because of the bankruptcy. It is still on file at the court house but there has never been a hearing or processing other than filing for a hearing.

What do I need to do to have it removed or deal with it?

Go back to the court house and have them add it to your bankruptcy file this can be done . We were discharged 3 years ago and found we had 2 claims we did not put on you can have the backdated to the date you filed if you can prove you had the debt prior to your filing .

Hope this helps